Forest Mushroom Soup
1 Portion = 6 oz. Soup
Cremini and porcini mushrooms with shallots, garlic, thyme, and vegetable stock, garnished with rosemary..
Forrest Mushroom Soup Base (sub-recipe)
· 5 Cups Mushrooms, Forest Blend, Dried
· 3 Cups Water
Forest Mushroom Soup Stock
· 1 ½ tsp Olive Oil
· 3/4 Cup (s) Onion, Yellow Diced 1/4"
· 2 Tbls Shallot Peeled, Diced 1/4 "
· 1 Cup Leeks Trimmed & Chopped
· 3 Cloves Garlic, Fresh Minced
· 1 Cup Potatoes, Yukon Diced 1/4"
· 1 ½ Cup Mushroom, Cremini Stemmed, Chopped
· 1 ½ Cup Mushroom, Shiitake Stemmed, Chopped
· Thyme, Fresh 4 Sprig (s) Tied in Bouquet
· 1 ¼ Cup Milk, Whole
· 1 Cup Yogurt, Plain
· ½ Cup White Wine
· ¼ tsp Sea Salt
· Pinch of Black Pepper, Ground
· 1/2 Lemon, Zest
1/2 Lemon, Juiced
For Soup Base: 1. Place dried mushrooms in a heat proof container, cover with boiling water & steep for 1 hour. 2. After steeping is complete, strain mushroom broth through a fine strainer. 3. Reserve both mushrooms & broth in separate containers.
For Soup Stock:
1. Heat olive oil in pot over medium heat.
2. Sauté onion, shallot, leeks & garlic until translucent.
3. Add potatoes & cook 5 minutes.
4. In another pot, add shiitake & cremini mushrooms. Stir & cook for 15-20 minutes or until most of the moisture from the mushrooms is gone.
5. Add in the reserved/rehydrated Forest Mushroom blend (sub), thyme, sea salt & black pepper. Cook 5 minutes. Stir to combine.
6. Remove stock from pot. Deglaze the pot with white wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any bits & then cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add in reserved mushroom broth & milk.
8. Add back in the mushroom/potato mixture. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
9. Remove from heat & discard thyme.
10. Pour soup into food processor.
11. Slowly add in yogurt & blend until smooth.
M: EVOO, Garlic, Leeks, Shallots, Thyme, Rosemary, Parsley
I: Shitake Mushroom, Parmesan Cheese
E: * Chives (as a prebiotic), Greek Yogurt (as a probiotic)
Nutritional Information: Calories 154; Calories from Fat 72; Total Fat 8g; Sat Fat 1g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 1mg; Sodium 368mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g; Fiber 3g; Sugar 4g; Protein 3g