Updated: May 17
Servings: Yields six (6) plates
Naturally raised, hormone-free beef from Newport Meats in a grilled jalapeno and scallion Chimichurri sauce served with oven roasted fingerling potatoes and a fresh arugula & organic multicolored carrot salad.
Roasted Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients
Jalapeno 1 pepper cut in 1/2 De-seed, Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper
1 / 2 oz. Garlic, Whole Clove, Peel, Minced
3/8 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5 oz. Green Onions, (Scallions) Trimmed
3 oz. Cilantro, Chopped
1-1/2 oz. Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
2-2/3 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Roasted Chimichurri Sauce Preparation
Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees F. (standard oven to 400 degrees F.).
In a bowl, add jalapenos, garlic and 1st listed oil. Toss until evenly coated. Place in a single layer on sheet pans. Do not overcrowd.
Roast in hot oven for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Slightly char whole scallions on a hot grill. Remove from heat.
Place grilled scallions, roasted jalapeno mixture, cilantro and lemon juice into a food processor.
Process on medium while drizzling in 2nd listed oil until slightly chunky in texture.
Roasted Red Potatoes Ingredients
1-3/4 lbs. Red Bliss Potato, Quartered
3 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbs. Fresh Thyme, Chopped
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1/3 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Ground
Roasted Red Potatoes Preparation
Preheat convection oven to 400 degrees F. (standard oven to 450 degrees F.).
Combine potatoes with oil, thyme, salt and black pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
Spread potatoes in a single layer on sheet pans. Do not overcrowd.
Roast in hot oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
Grilled Flank Steak
2 lbs. Flank Steak-Raw
3/8 tsp. Sea Salt
3/8 tsp. Black Pepper, Ground
Grilled Flank Steak Preparation
1) NOTE: Use Newport steak when available. Or, any free range, hormone and anti-biotic free age steak
2) Preheat convection oven to 350 degrees F. (standard oven to 400 degrees F.).
3) Sprinkle salt on both sides of steaks. Sear steak on a hot grill or charbroiler until well-marked on both sides.
4) Remove from heat and place on sheet trays. Roast in hot oven for 20 minutes or until tender.
5) Remove from oven. Sprinkle with pepper. Allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing.
6) As needed, slice steak against the grain.
Arugula Salad Ingredients
7-1/8 oz. Organic Carrots-Rainbow (Heirloom), Fresh Peeled, Shaved
4-3/4 oz. Organic Arugula, Baby, Fresh
1/3 oz. Sunflower Seeds, Shelled
Arugula Salad Preparation
1) Combine arugula, carrots and sunflower seeds until evenly distributed.
2) Pour in Lemon Pepper Dressing and gently toss.
Lemon Pepper Dressing Ingredients
2-3/8 oz. Olive Oil-Extra Virgin
3-5/8 oz. Juice-Lemon, Fresh Squeezed
1/2 tsp. Pepper-Black, Table Ground
1/4 tsp. Salt, Sea
Lemon Pepper Dressing Preparation
1) In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
Shelf Life: Use within 24 to 48 hours.